Saigon to Stockholm Tour
Chicago Foodways Tours
Experience the flavors, culture and history of immigrants from Vietnam, the Middle East & Sweden.
Pricing and ReservationsSaigon to Stockholm Food Tour
Small groups of 12 or less
Discover Argyle & Andersonville, two of Chicago’s best neighborhoods, on one tour
Enjoy foods from Vietnam, the Middle East and Sweden.
- Experience Asia on Argyle. Chicago’s ‘other’ Chinatown is now home to the city’s Southeast Asian community.
- Get a hands-on lesson in making Vietnamese summer rolls.
- Stumble on a forgotten silent film studio and hear why Hollywood’s biggest star turned his back on Chicago.
- Toast with the Vikings as you sip Swedish glögg in a haunted former speakeasy.
- Celebrate Andersonville’s Lebanese and Persian cultures with a guided Middle Eastern spice tasting.
- Taste the apple pie that made Food & Wine’s list of Best in America.
- This lunchtime tour is close to Wrigley Field and makes a great activity before Cubs night games.
During our one and a quarter mile walk, we’ll make two stops at Vietnamese restaurants in the Argyle neighborhood, then take a short walk to Andersonville for a spice tasting in a dazzling Middle Eastern market. Then we pop into the Swedish American Museum before finishing with a short walk to a cozy pie shop.
The tour ends at 5357 N. Ashland Avenue, just shy of one mile from the starting point. Please consider the extra activity when determining if this tour is right for your group. Public transportation is available to return to the starting point.
An great mix of cultures from authentic family businesses
This is the hole-in-the-wall restaurant that your friends will thank you for finding. Simply the best Vietnamese food in Chicago.
Find that perfect souvenir in the cutest little Swedish gift shop while you sample smögåsbord staples.
This Andersonville institution has been serving up the freshest pita and hummus since 1981. Browse their great grocery selection as you taste.
This cozy non-profit eatery makes a sweet end to a fun adventure.
Your guide will greet you inside of Nha Hang Viet Nam, 1032 W. Argyle Street, just 2 blocks east of the Argyle Red Line stop.Parking
- Parking lot at 5017 N. Winthrop $6 for 12 hrs thru ParkWhiz or SpotHero (recommended)
- Free side street parking is usually available on Winnemac, Carmen or Winona streets just west of Broadway Avenue. Allow 15 minutes to find street parking.
- Metered parking: only recommended with ParkChicago app, due to time limits
- CTA/Train: Red Line to Argyle stop
- First time Lyft users receive a $5 credit when using CHICAGOFOODWAYS in the referral code.